Pisserati . . .

...because there's so very, very much to be pissed off about!

Monday, November 07, 2011

A Tale of Two Parks

A Tale of Two Parks. On October 28, 2011, I visited NYC for the 1st time in 3 years. I walked from Penn Station to the East Village, pausing to photograph a few places I had lived in the city at different times over 11 years (152 W. 20th, 111 E. 7th, 54 E. 1st), then down Orchard and through Chinatown, finally arriving at Zuccotti Park. At the corner of Broadway and Liberty Street, I choked up and started to cry. It felt very strange to weep in public, surrounded by so much activity, so many people I didn't know, but over the few hours I spent in Zuccotti Park I broke down several times. Later in the day, near sunset, I found myself high above another park, in the living room of some very nice people (though decidedly of the 1%), who live on Central Park South. I pulled out my little video camera and went to the window to capture some juxtaposition. Somehow the 2nd movement of Beethoven’s 7th Symphony seemed to capture the mood of the day. A work in progress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home